WellSprings is hiring for a new, part-time role on our Staff Team: a Production & Arts Coordinator! This person will work closely with our Band, Tech Team, and Staff on Sunday mornings, and help us build more opportunities for all WellSpringers to engage with music and the arts. Read below for more information, including how to apply.
WellSprings Congregation is a progressive spiritual community of ~250 adults, teens, and children in Chester County, PA. A member of the Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations, our mission is to be a community “charged full with the charge of the soul” – a place where spirituality is not found only in the ancient sources, but is relevant and accessible in our everyday lives. You can read more about WellSprings, and our community’s values and beliefs, here.
About the Position:
The Production & Arts Coordinator will direct all aspects of production for our Sunday service, coordinate our existing music program, and develop new opportunities for congregants to engage with music and the arts. Our community attends Sunday service both in-person and via live-stream, and our worship is led by a 9-piece band, performing contemporary music from rock, alternative, folk, gospel, blues, and pop genres. The Production & Arts Coordinator must be creative, proactive, skilled, relatable, and dependable in their work, and must represent WellSprings’ values and commitments wholeheartedly as they perform their duties.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist with Sunday morning equipment load-in and load-out for Band. Set-up and break down materials in stage area for worship service.
- Coordinate weekly tasks for sound/camera check, blocking, etc. as needed between worship participants, Tech Team, and other Staff.
- Manage morning-of schedules and provide necessary cues for all worship participants.
- Arrange for safe storage, upkeep, maintenance, repair, or replacement of equipment as needed by Band and Tech Team (stands, cords, mics, etc.). Keep all documentation related to Sunday services updated and accurate.
- Manage Band calendar and schedule backup musicians, special services, etc. as needed.
- Maintain record of Band repertoire, and work with musicians and preacher to select weekly set lists. Manage process for new additions to repertoire, including rehearsal.
- Develop new opportunities to enhance WellSprings’ ministry through music and the arts, in collaboration with Staff, volunteers, and the community as a whole.
- Attend and participate in regular staff meetings and periodic staff retreats.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills, including the ability to gather information, collaborate with a team, negotiate between competing interests and priorities, and resolve problems under time pressure.
- Strong musical aptitude and skill, as demonstrated by either academic study and training, experience as a performer, or experience as an instructor or ensemble director.
- Strong aptitude for leadership; ability to recruit and engage volunteers, and unify a group of individuals around a particular task.
- Strong ability to organize time and materials, prioritize tasks, work on a schedule, and communicate proactively and reliably with others regarding deadlines or delays.
- Experience in stage management and/or live-event production (e.g. theater, concert/live music, conferences, events) preferred.
- Existing connections with musicians and/or arts institutions in and around Chester County, PA is a plus.
Reports to: Executive Minister
Hours: 10 hours per week, year-round, on a flexible schedule to include no less than 4 hours on Sunday mornings (8:30am-12:30pm), and at least two full days off per week.
Compensation: This is a part-time position with a salary of $10,400 per year. ($20/hr)
Preferred Start Date: August/September 2022
To Apply: Submit your letter of interest and resume to Rev. Lee Paczulla, firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis, until the position is filled.
Announcing Our New Production & Arts… Pingback
[…] are so excited to announce the hiring of our new Production & Arts Coordinator at WellSprings: Joanna […]
Commenting has been turned off.