The HeartWorks Team would like to thank WellSprings members and friends for your support during 2022. Below are highlights of our accomplishments:
- Through a grant, we received 9,000 pairs of Bombas Socks and distributed them to over 45 agencies and school districts in the surrounding area. This grant has been renewed for 2023.
- In January we worked with YouthSpirit to prepare and distribute 100+ Blessing Bags. These were distributed to unhoused persons in Philadelphia, the Better Days Ahead Organization, and Steven’s Bags in Kensington.
- We received WellSprings Board approval for the Giant Cash for Causes Program. This program gives us 5% back on all grocery card purchases. To-date, we have earned $573.75. This money is used to supplement HeartWorks projects when we fall short of donations. Hopefully more members of the Congregation will support this program in 2023.
- In March and September 2022, we provided meals to St Mary’s Homeless Shelter in Phoenixville. We also provided meals to WellSprings families as needed throughout the year.
- The HeartWorks garden provided 199 lbs. of fresh produce for local food banks. All of which were planted and harvested by the HeartWorks Team and other congregants.
- We collected and distributed warm coats and clothing to local agencies.
- Lastly, The HeartWorks Team and members of our congregation provided Kate’s Casa with gifts from our Angel Tree.
We look forward to making a difference in the lives of others in 2023.
Happy New Year to All!
Learn more about HeartWorks here.