After 17 years as Founding Minister at WellSprings Congregation, Rev. Ken Beldon is retiring at the end of June. Join us for a celebration to honor Rev. Ken, after our service this Sunday. We’ll have food, live music, stories and memories, and a few surprises to honor all that his ministry has meant to our community, and to each of our lives.
At this past Sunday’s service, Rev. Ken was granted the title of Minister Emeritus by unanimous vote! Here’s the moment the decision was announced:
Here’s a schedule for how Sunday will go:
- 10 am: Sunday Service in person or online at this link
- 11am: Sunday Service ends – Coffee Hour begins outside
- 11:30am: Dining Hall will open for lunch, served buffet style (Seating in Dining Hall and/or outside, weather permitting)
- 12:30pm – 2pm: Formal program featuring speakers, a presentation of gifts, and a special farewell. Watch the livestream here.
- 2-3pm: Wrap-up and cake served in the Dining Hall
First Time Back With Us?
As we mark the end of Rev. Ken’s ministry, we anticipate that some WellSpringers may be considering attending in-person for the first time since March 2020. Our latest gathering guidelines include a 50-person limit on Sunday attendance in Bell Hall. For this special event, we are temporarily suspending that limit. Doors and windows will be kept open for ventilation. Please be aware that we are still leaving the choice to wear masks up to each individual. If you are ill, we prefer that you stay home – but we will ask that you mask up at WellSprings if you are experiencing symptoms of illness, or if you’ve recently been exposed to Covid-19. This celebration will be live-streamed on YouTube if you’d prefer to tune in from home. Finally, we will have outdoor seating available for anyone who’d like to join us for lunch, but wishes to remain masked while indoors.
We hope you’ll join us – we’ll always be glad to see you, even if it’s been a while!