The Board of Trustees is one of our six core Ministries at WellSprings. While our Teams make our mission real through focus on a specific area, our Ministries do work that reaches across all the different parts of our community. For this reason, every member of a Ministry is considered to be holding a leadership position at WellSprings.
If you’re interested in Board service, we would love to hear from you! Please contact our Leadership Development Ministry to learn more about joining our Leadership Community through service on the Board.
TRAITS OF OUTSTANDING BOARD MEMBERS
- Passion – Commitment to the mission of WellSprings
- Experience – Have enough leadership experience to make sound decisions
- Time – Commitment to participate in Board meetings and related responsibilities
- Professional Skills – Understand legal, financial, business, organizational development, or governance and leadership issues
- Attentiveness – Active monitoring of the organization for financial, management, operational, personnel, litigation, or IRS trouble
- Toughness & Collegiality - Willingness to take on tough issues, yet are respectful and inspire collaboration
- Conscientious Stewardship – Nurturing growth and development in the congregation, and monitoring its well being