Did you know…?
Twice a month, our YouthBridge Ministry has been planning and holding virtual game nights for WellSpringers between the ages of 13 and 17.
This is a great opportunity for our teens to take a break from distance learning and hectic schedules, and get some (virtual) face time with friends. While games are the main focus, there is always some great conversation sparked by current events, or anything on our teens’ minds.
Our next Teen Game Nights have been set for this Saturday, October 17th, and Thursday October 29th! This time, the plan is to try the new wildly popular online game “Among Us” – enthusiastically suggested by our teen friends.
While playing “Among Us,” players work together as a crew to get their spaceship launched, but they must also keep an eye out for “The Traitor” who has some sinister plans in mind.
(Parent’s note: “Among Us” is rated T for Teen due to some cartoon violence)
Some of the games played in the past include
- Skribbl.io is amultiplayer drawing and guessing game similar to Pictionary
- Jackbox Party Pack is a series of party video games that are designed for online play. One player can act as a host and share their screen and the remaining players can use the host’s screen as a TV and connect to the game using a website. T
- Quiplash where every player attempts to complete a statement in a humorous way.
- Guesspionage, where we guess what percentage of people have done a certain activity.
- Tee K.O. is a drawing game where each player draws any image they want and then provides several slogans. Afterwards, each player is given a random drawing and has to match a slogan to it. Then every player votes.
- Mad Verse City lets players rap against each other as giant robots. Using prompts and fill in the blanks, the goal is to rap battle and get points from other players on who made the best rhyme.
Our YouthBridge Ministry is always on the lookout for new and exciting games to try, as well as volunteers to help us bring these game to our WellSprings teens. YouthBridge welcomes your input!
Info for this week’s event: