As we shared last week, the coronavirus, COVID-19, has made its way to the US, and we hope to keep ourselves and one another safe and healthy through this season.
This afternoon, Rev. Lee and Board President Chris Chepel joined a call hosted by the Chester County Department of Health, offering guidance to religious and other community organizations. At this time, there is no recommendation in the county to cancel religious services. The Montgomery School is also in daily communication with our staff, and as of now, the School is open and services can continue as planned. However, if the school closes, we will be asked to suspend our activities as well.
For now, we continue to take things day by day. If we do gather this Sunday, we ask you to follow the same precautions as last week. Even if you yourself are not as risk, many members of the community within and beyond our doors are, and your practices help to keep them safe.
- Wash your hands frequently – use soap and water and scrub for at least 20 seconds (about the time it takes to sing “Happy Birthday” twice).
- Sneeze or cough into the crook of your elbow or a tissue, not your hand. Wash hands immediately after coughing, sneezing, or blowing your nose.
- Avoid touching your face, especially your mouth, nose and eyes, with unwashed hands.
- Regularly disinfect frequently touched surfaces including mobile devices, keyboards, elevator buttons, and door knobs.
- Use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid close contact with someone who is sick.
- Stay at home if you are sick.
- Greet others in non-physical or low-contact ways during our time of connection during the service and when connecting over coffee after the service.
WellSprings will continue to follow the best practices recommend by health authorities. As the situation continues to evolve, we may suspend services and other programming. Cancellations will be announced on our website, on social media, and through our e-mail list, and in the event of cancellation, we may provide remote participation options. If you need support, for any reason, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Rev. Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org or 484-467-3784.